This page will show all comments made to posts in my blog.

I appreciate to hear comments and/or test results if anybody already tested or plan to use this excellent debootstrap on the new RPi 3. Does it work good as it does on RPi 2? What differs?
Comment by TA1DB Wed May 4 12:36:49 2016
I solved the "time sync problem" a few weeks ago: It has been a hardware issue for me. I thought it had to be a timesync issue because my Pi was pingable but not reacting to https and ssh anymore (http wasn't active). As I posted before, systemd-timesync was configured properly. When I tried getting help on IRC, someone suggested to check hardware related stuff. He was right :)
Comment by nadu Mon Mar 14 20:51:05 2016

Thanks a lot for providing this really nice guide, I was able to use my pi2 with jessie in no time.

A few additions:

To get rid of systemd, this link provides all the details: http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_remove_systemd_from_a_Debian_jessie/sid_installation

Basically all you need to do is to put the usual network stuff to /etc/network/interfaces and then

apt-get install sysvinit-core sysvinit-utils
cp /usr/share/sysvinit/inittab /etc/inittab
reboot
apt-get remove --purge --auto-remove systemd
echo -e 'Package: systemd\nPin: release *\nPin-Priority: -1' > /etc/apt/preferences.d/systemd

To get system time right:

dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
apt-get install ntp

I also added max_usb_current=1 to /boot/firmware/config.txt, so the PI gives enough power to an external USB Hard Drive.

Comment by Tim Fri Jan 15 22:36:41 2016

A few additions:

apt-get install sysvinit-core sysvinit-utils
cp /usr/share/sysvinit/inittab /etc/inittab
reboot
apt-get remove --purge --auto-remove systemd

To get system time right:

dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
apt-get install ntp

Comment by Tim Fri Jan 15 22:35:48 2016

Hi,

Raspbian Jessie Lite - the Minimal image based on Debian Jessie on official RPi site ( https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/ ) looks like our image here.

Did anyone compare the official image and the one of this site? Sjoerd what do you think?

Regards, Murat TA1DB

Comment by TA1DB Mon Nov 30 11:28:42 2015
I just ran into the same issue. The image is using systemd-timesyncd for time synchronization. Yet, I couldn't find out what's causing the problem, as systemd-timesyncd is running and seems to be confgured properly.
Comment by nadu Sat Nov 7 13:15:53 2015
I've just installed my second RPI2 with current image jessie-rpi2-20150705.img.gz on the weekend. I saw that "trusted=yes" is set on Sjoerd's repository in /etc/apt/sources.list. I strongly recommend to remove this setting. I've already emailed Sjoerd about this. He will generate a fresh image. Thank you in adavance ;)
Comment by nadu Mon Jul 13 12:56:41 2015
SPI

Hi, Thx your very much for your work, it is very quit and simple to install (bmaptools is really fast)

Still, i have a little problem. I need raspi-config, in order to activate SPI, and to connect a 4DS 32 LCD screen.

Where can i find this tool ? is there a new way to configure this raspbian ? Thx

Comment by CHERRIER Sylvain Mon Jul 6 16:46:38 2015

I was looking for a good linux distro to use my RPI2 as a server, but all the other ones are bloated, or don't have good sources. All I had to do was use rufus to burn this to my MicroSD card, pop it in to my RPI2, and SSH into it. I changed the sources to the standard jessie list, ran apt-get update, then upgrade, now I have a surprisingly fast, cheap, mini server. ProFTPd-basic is super fast and awesome. Nginx and php5-fpm run flawlessly. And I can use it as an RTMP server too. So much value for the $. Thanks for the distro.

Comment by Stardust342 Thu Jul 2 21:11:06 2015
How do we get a new key for apt-get? The current key expired. Thanks.
Comment by Andrew Lentvorski Thu Jul 2 03:23:34 2015